Mascoat Marine-DTM Insulating Coating
- CONTAINER SIZE: 5 Gallons
- COMPONENTS: One-part (inclusive)
- COAT THICKNESS: 20 mils (0.5 mm) dry
- COVERAGE PER GALLON: 50–55 ft2 at 20 mils (1.3 m2 at 0.5 mm)
- WEIGHT: 5.0–5.1 lbs/gallon (0.6 kg/liter)
- VOLUME SOLIDS: 80–82%
- COLOR: White, grey. Custom colors with minimum quantity ordered.
- SHEEN: Flat
- BASE: High-grade acrylic water-based
- CHLORIDES: Low to none
- VOC CONTENT: 0.06 lbs/gallon (7.1 grams/liter)
- LONGATION: Above 30%
- PERMEABILITY: Less than 5 Perms
- ACCELERATED AGING: Excellent (2,000+ hours)
- ABRASION RESISTANCE: Moderate to high
- SOLAR REFLECTIVITY: 0.85
- TRANSMITTANCE: 0.0
- EMISSIVITY/ABSORPTANCE: 0.15
- FLAME SPREAD: Class A
- SMOKE DEVELOPED: Class A
- FIRE RATING: IMO A653 (16) approved
- APPLICATION TEMPS: 60–300˚F (10–148˚C)
- OPERATION TEMPS: 350˚F maximum (204˚C maximum)
- TOPCOATING: Please contact Mascoat.
- APPLICATION METHOD: Airless sprayer
Mascoat Marine-DTM is a composite ceramic marine insulating coating that is exclusively designed for thermal insulating and anti condensation protection for the harsh marine environment.
Mascoat Marine-DTM insulating coating is a water-based, one-part coating comprised of air filled ceramic and silica beads held in suspension by an acrylic binder. It applies like paint and is maintenance-free, providing thermal insulating and anti-condensation capabilities for shipboard construction.
Currently, Mascoat Marine-DTM insulating coating is in use on over 1500 marine vessels from Alaska to Antarctica. This coating can replaced most blanket and foam insulation products, resulting in substantial reduction of weight and keeping the vessel within the new stringent marine codes and classifications.
Marine Insulation Coating
The coating employs the best water-based coating technology and contains no harmful elements. Unlike other insulation methods, Mascoat Marine-DTM bonds directly to the substrate or primer, leaving no room for corrosion to take hold. Direct bonding gives the coating the ability to insulate your vessel without degradation of the substrate for many years to come. By using Mascoat Marine-DTM coating system, you can rest assured that your vessel is protected and that the interior accommodations will be comfortable.
Users of Mascoat Marine-DTM insulation coating have found that the coating replaces most conventional insulation methods. While yielding the same insulation capabilities, installing costing drastically less. Many vessel owners have saved up to 50% on total installed costs over conventional insulation. Best of all, the coating is extremely lightweight. This allows easy application around difficult areas such as stiffeners and other tight areas without adding excess weight. Read our Mascoat Success Stories to see specific applications where Mascoat was able to deliver excellent cost savings and insulation.
Since the coating applies rapidly, labor and construction time-frame savings escalate by using Mascoat Marine-DTM. This means that your normal thermal insulation methods can now be performed by in-house painting crews instead of using subcontractors. Productivity will increase and gives the customer a better product in a shorter time frame.
An added benefit is the sound reduction of airborne structural noise. By using Mascoat Marine-DTM your vessel automatically becomes quieter by reducing structural noise from 50-80%. Our product is capable of a 1-3 dB drop in airborne structural noise or a 28 SRC factor (for more about decreasing sound in vessels, please see our sound damping coating Mascoat Sound Control-dB sound damping coating.)
Recommended Areas for Mascoat Marine-DTM
- Weather exposed surfaces
- Engine rooms
Aluminum and stainless steel require no primer systems since the coating contains no chlorides. Steel requires primer systems prior to application of Mascoat Marine-DTM.
Product Application Notes
- Apply at temperatures above 50°F. If lower, heat substrate prior to application
- Surface must be clean and free of rust, grease, etc
- Surface must be completely dry before re-coat to insure insulating capabilities
- Higher temperature surfaces may expedite dry times. Low ambient temperatures require longer dry times
If you have any questions, or want to order this product, contact Mascoat today!
Mascoat Marine Approvals