Mascoat Transportation-DTA Thermal Insulation
- CONTAINER SIZE: 5 Gallons
- COMPONENTS: One-part (inclusive)
- COAT THICKNESS: 20 mils (0.5 mm) dry
- COVERAGE PER GALLON: 50–55 ft2 at 20 mils (1.3 m2 at 0.5 mm)
- WEIGHT: 6.4 lbs/gallon (0.74 kg/liter)
- VOLUME SOLIDS: 78–80%
- COLOR: Black. Tan available with minimum quantity ordered.
- SHEEN: Flat
- BASE: Water-based acrylic
- CHLORIDES: Low to none
- VOC CONTENT: 0.06 lbs/gallon (7.1 grams/liter)
- ABRASION RESISTANCE: Moderate to high
- PULL APART STRENGTH: 200 PSI
- MANDREL BEND: Pass 1/2"
- FIRE RATING: FM VSS 302 Pass
- APPLICATION TEMPS: 50–300˚F (10–148˚C)
- OPERATION TEMPS: -40–400˚F (-4–200˚C)
- TOPCOATING: Please contact Mascoat.
- APPLICATION METHOD: Airless sprayer
Mascoat Transportation-DTA is a spray-on automotive insulating coating designed to reduce heat transfer in large vehicles. The Mascoat Transportation-DTA formula is an advanced, water-based composition of high-grade acrylic binders with air-filled insulating/reflective particles that cure quickly, insulate effectively and minimize vehicle downtime.
The coating is ideal for heavy-duty vehicles including:
- RV Trailer Homes
- Motor Homes
- Emergency Response Vehicles
- Public Service Vehicles
- Rail Cars
- Tractor Trailers
Unlike other automotive thermal insulation products on the market today, Mascoat Transportation-DTA is a one-part system. DTA is a lightweight coating that adheres to any ferrous substrate in the transportation industry without the need for a primer. It keeps temperatures in cabs and cargo areas more comfortable and stable at minimum thickness (0.5–2.0 mm).
Other benefits include:
- Seamless membrane for substrate protection
- Easily applied to irregular surfaces
- Fast clean up with soap and water
- Low VOC content
Though Mascoat Transportation-DTA only adds 0.046 lbs/ft2 per coat, as a beneficial secondary benefit, its’ direct bond to the substrate allows it to lessen surface borne noise. If sound is your primary concern, please see our Mascoat Sound Control-dB product.
Application is recommended on surfaces needing a thermal barrier including:
- Engine compartments
- Side walls
- Exterior roofs
To learn more about this tough, durable insulation solution that will last for years to come, Contact Mascoat today.
Looking for LizardSkin?
LizardSkin is perfect for DIY projects needing thermal insulation and sound damping solutions on smaller vehicles. LizardSkin's coatings are easy to apply on hot rods, kit cars, 4x4s, race cars and other custom car and truck projects.
If you have any questions or want to order some insulating coating for your automotive application, contact Mascoat today!