Mascoat Marine-DTM is the ultimate in thermal insulation for workboats, barges, petrochemical platforms and shipping vessels. Designed exclusively for protection in water environments, Mascoat's premium marine coatings are approved by ABS, DNV, Lloyd’s Register, USCG, NK, Transport Canada and more. When you invest in our economical, easy-to-apply workboat protection, you’ll ensure the safety of your personnel and passengers. Conventional insulation wicks moisture, producing hazardous conditions as surfaces sweat onto workboat floors. Mascoat Marine-DTM drastically reduces condensation and prevents water buildup, so vessel floors remain slip-proof and easy to navigate.
When applied to wall and bulkhead constructions in coats up to 0.5 mm thick, Mascoat Marine-DTM provides results similar to 50 mm of traditional blanket insulation. In addition to its space-saving formulation, Mascoat Marine-DTM is water-based and extremely low in VOCs—so it’s safe for use in confined spaces.
The marine vessel coating can be applied to new and refurbished vessels and is an ideal replacement or supplement to conventional insulation.
Mascoat Marine-DTM’s established list of benefits includes:
- Superior surface adherence that creates a reliable vapor barrier
- Excellent anti-corrosive, anti-condensation properties
- Easy, low-fume application for hard-to-reach spaces
- Maintenance of stable cargo temperatures
- Protection suitable for sidewalls, overheads, stiffeners and tanks
- Decreased interior sound levels
Proven to improve application times and maintain superior safety conditions, Mascoat Marine-DTM is ideal for all workboat and yacht substrates. Contact the Mascoat team today to inquire about our marine product line or to request a project-specific price quote.
VBS Isolation Mounts
To keep vessels within IMO sound criteria Mascoat also offers VBS Isolation Mounts and Rail Systems. Each of these mounts is designed to decouple the structure and the ceiling system, resulting in both reduced vibration and noise throughout the vessel. These mounts help vessels meet ABS (American Bureau of Shipping) HAB++ standards for livability, offering the highest degree of crew comfort and safety on workboats
Other features of Mascoat’s VBS Isolation Mounts include:
- Brackets are available in 25 and 50mm heights
- Easily adjustable
- 3 different rubber densities
- Safety lock system
- Quick and easy installation
- Can be used with most existing rail systems
- Depending on weight and fire requirements, mounts are adaptable to multiple configurations without sacrificing performance
To learn more about our vibration isolation mounts, contact Mascoat today.