Developed to improve energy efficiency and save on utility bills, the Mascoat WeatherBloc-HRC thermal insulating coating is a new insulation solution for commercial and industrial properties worldwide. Unlike reflective rooftop paints, the coating combines true thermal insulation with a durable reflective paint, so it offers thermal protection even on cloudy days.
WeatherBloc-HRC thermal insulating coating contains high-quality ceramic particles encased in a high-grade acrylic emulsion. The result? A spray-on thermal insulating coating that reduces radiative and conducted heat to produce dramatic temperature differentials. The radiant barrier insulation product goes on like paint, and unlike reflective roof/sidewall coatings, it can be used underneath or on top of walls and roofs. When used on substrate exteriors, this ceramic roof coating resists weathering, reduces condensation, and lasts for years without reapplication.
- CONTAINER SIZE: 5 Gallons
- COMPONENTS: One-part (inclusive)
- COAT THICKNESS: 15-30 mils (0.38-0.75 mm) dry. Thicker coats will enhance coating's thermal performance
- COVERAGE PER GALLON: 250-275 ft2 at 20 mils (22-25 m2 at 0.5 mm) per 5-gallon bucket
- WEIGHT: 6.0 lbs/gallon (0.72 kg/liter)
- VOLUME SOLIDS: 75%
- COLOR: White. Custom tinting available with minimum quantity ordered.
- SHEEN: Flat
- BASE: Water-based acrylic
- CHLORIDES: Low to none
- VOC CONTENT: 0.18 lbs/gallon (21 grams/liter)
- ELONGATION: 30%
- ACCELERATED AGING: Excellent (2,000+ hours)
- THERMAL EMITTANCE: 0.85
- SOLAR REFLECTIVITY: 0.86
- UV REFLECTION: 100%
- FLAME SPREAD: Class A
- SMOKE DEVELOPED: Class A
- FIRE RATING: Class A
- APPLICATION TEMPS: 50–170˚F (10–76˚C)
- MAXIMUM SUSTAINED TEMP: 180˚F (82˚C)
- TOPCOATING: Please contact Mascoat.
- APPLICATION METHOD: Airless sprayer
Manufactured from the best raw materials, WeatherBloc’s thermal insulating coating attacks heat penetration prior to substrate entry. This prevents unwanted thermal transfer before it leads to discomfort, inefficiency, and energy waste.
To order WeatherBloc-HRC, please fill out our Request More Information form. This product is available in our Signal White color and is sold in 5-gallon pails.
Radiant Barrier Combined with Insulation
The WeatherBloc product line is an ideal alternative for standard reflective rooftop coatings, and additional benefits include:
- Work even when dirty or on cloudy days
- Moisture protection and heat dissipation
- Proprietary cross-linking structure (CLS) that strengthens coating over time
- Crack-free coating flexibility that responds to substrate contraction/expansion
- Application versatility ideal for wood, concrete, brick, metal and other substrates (concrete may require sealer prior to application)
- Cost-saving longevity
WeatherBloc-HRC has been used in a variety of applications in commercial buildings, including:
- Electrical cabinets
- Accommodation units
- Shipping containers
Tested in a variety of unforgiving environments, the Mascoat WeatherBloc product family exceeds ASTM standards for weather-ability, adhesion, flexibility and UV resistance.