Mascoat Industrial-AC (anti-condensation) is a specially formulated version of Mascoat’s already successful and widely-used Mascoat Industrial-DTI thermal insulating coating. Over the years, Mascoat’s lab has been researching special materials that would play a major role in redesigning the product to specifically attack and prevent condensation in industrial environments.
- CONTAINER SIZE:5 Gallons (18.92 liters)
- COMPONENTS:One-part (inclusive)
- COAT THICKNESS:20 mils (0.5 mm) dry
- COVERAGE PER GALLON: 50–55 ft2 at 20 mils (1.3 m2 at 0.5 mm)
- WEIGHT:5.10 lbs/gallon (0.61 kg/liter)
- VOLUME SOLIDS:80–82%
- COLORS:White, light grey. Custom colors with minimum quantity ordered.
- SHEEN: Flat
- BASE: High-grade acrylic water-based
- CHLORIDES:Low to none
- VOC CONTENT: 0.06 lbs/gallon (7.1 grams/liter)
- ELONGATION:Above 30%
- PERMEABILITY: 2.36 Perms
- ACCELERATED AGING: Excellent (2,000+ hours)
- ABRASION RESISTANCE: Moderate to high
- THERMAL EMITTANCE: 0.85
- SOLAR REFLECTIVITY:0.82
- TRANSMITTANCE: 0.0
- ABSORPTANCE: 0.18
- EMMISIVITY: 0.85
- FLAME SPREAD: Class A
- SMOKE DEVELOPED: Class A
- FIRE RATING: Class A
- APPLICATION TEMPS: 50–160˚F (10–93˚C)
- OPERATION TEMPS: 200˚F maximum(71˚C maximum)
- TOPCOATING: Please contact Mascoat.
- APPLICATION METHOD:Airless sprayer
Mascoat Industrial-AC is a composite ceramic insulation coating that reduces or completely eliminates condensation, provides an insulating barrier, protects personnel and equipment, and blocks corrosion - all in one easy-to-apply product.
This anti-condensation insulation is applied via airless spray systems, reducing installation costs and time. Also, because it is applied directly to the substrate, the substrate is viewable at all times. This allows for easy maintenance and inspection without total shutdown, breakdown or downtime.
Mascoat Industrial-AC Benefits
- Superior condensation protection
- Eliminates the possibility of corrosion under insulation
- Allows for inspection of substrate without removal
- Fast cure times
- Low VOC product
- Easy application to irregular surfaces
- Contact Mascoat for more information!
Causes of Condensation:
Condensation is caused by a difference in temperature between two sides of a surface, resulting in one surface being lower than the dew point. When the temperature falls below the dew point, water vapor is released next to the surface, resulting in condensation. In some industrial applications, this is hard to overcome.
When condensation occurs, workplaces run the serious risk of severe accidents, equipment is subjected to water that can cause corrosion, and biological growth can cause health issues. To reduce the chance for condensation to occur, a thermal barrier is needed to buffer the temperature to at least 1.5°F above the dew point. That barrier is Mascoat Industrial-Anti-Condensation.
To learn more about Mascoat Industrial products, view our frequently asked questions. All industrial-AC products are sold in 5-gallon pails and can be purchased by filling out our Request More Information form.