Mascoat Transportation-DTA is a spray-on automotive thermal insulating coating designed to reduce heat transfer in large vehicles. The Mascoat Transportation-DTA formula is an advanced, water-based composition of high-grade acrylic binders with air-filled insulating/reflective particles that cure quickly, insulate effectively and minimize vehicle downtime.
- CONTAINER SIZE: 5 Gallons
- COMPONENTS: One-part (inclusive)
- COAT THICKNESS: 20 mils (0.5 mm) dry
- COVERAGE PER GALLON: 50–55 ft2 at 20 mils (1.3 m2 at 0.5 mm)
- WEIGHT: 6.4 lbs/gallon (0.74 kg/liter)
- VOLUME SOLIDS: 78–80%
- COLOR: Black. Tan available with minimum quantity ordered.
- SHEEN: Flat
- BASE: Water-based acrylic
- CHLORIDES: Low to none
- VOC CONTENT: 0.06 lbs/gallon (7.1 grams/liter)
- ABRASION RESISTANCE: Moderate to high
- PULL APART STRENGTH: 200 PSI
- MANDREL BEND: Pass 1/2"
- FIRE RATING: FM VSS 302 Pass
- APPLICATION TEMPS: 50–300˚F (10–148˚C)
- OPERATION TEMPS: -40–350˚F (-4–177˚C)
- TOPCOATING: Please contact Mascoat.
- APPLICATION METHOD: Airless sprayer
This automotive thermal insulation coating is ideal for heavy-duty vehicles including:
- RV Trailer Homes
- Motor Homes
- Emergency Response Vehicles
- Public Service Vehicles
- Rail Cars
- Tractor Trailers
Unlike other transportation thermal insulation products on the market today, Mascoat Transportation-DTA is a one-part system. DTA is a lightweight coating that adheres to any ferrous substrate in the transportation industry without the need for a primer. It keeps temperatures in cabs and cargo areas more comfortable and stable at a minimum thickness (0.5–2.0 mm).
Other benefits of Mascoat Transportation-DTA include:
- Seamless membrane for substrate protection
- Easily applied to irregular surfaces
- Fast clean up with soap and water
- Low VOC content
Though Mascoat Transportation-DTA only adds 0.046 lbs/ft2 per coat, as a beneficial secondary benefit, its’ direct bond to the substrate allows it to lessen surface borne noise. If sound is your primary concern, please see our Mascoat Sound Control-dB product.
Application is recommended on surfaces needing a thermal barrier including:
- Engine compartments
- Side walls
- Exterior roofs
Traffic Black Color:
To learn more about this tough, durableautomotive insulationsolution that will last for years to come, Contact Mascoat today.
To purchase Transportation-DTA, please fill out our, Request More Information form today! Mascoat Transportation-DTA is sold in 5-gallon pails