Developed to improve energy efficiency and save on utility bills, Mascoat WeatherBloc-IC thermal insulating coating is a proven insulation solution for commercial and industrial properties worldwide. Our WeatherBloc product line combines thermal insulation with a durable reflective paint, so it is easy to apply and requires little maintenance.
To order Weatherbloc-IC, please fill out our Request More Information form. This product is available in our Signal White color and is sold in 5-gallon pails.
- CONTAINER SIZE: 5 Gallons
- COMPONENTS: One-part (inclusive)
- COAT THICKNESS: 20 mils (0.5 mm) dry
- COVERAGE PER GALLON: 47–52 ft2 at 20 mils (1.22 m2 at 0.5 mm)
- WEIGHT: 6.4 lbs/gallon (0.74 kg/liter)
- VOLUME SOLIDS: 70–72%
- COLOR: White. Custom tinting with minimum quantity ordered.
- SHEEN: Flat
- BASE: Water-based acrylic
- CHLORIDES: Low to none
- VOC CONTENT: 0.05 lbs/gallon (5.9 grams/liter)
- ELONGATION: Above 600%
- ACCELERATED AGING: Excellent (2,000+ hours)
- ABRASION RESISTANCE: Moderate to high
- THERMAL EMITTANCE: 0.86
- SOLAR REFLECTIVITY: 0.84
- TRANSMITTANCE: 0.0
- EMMISIVITY/ABSORPTANCE: 0.16
- UV REFLECTION: 100%
- FLAME SPREAD: Class A
- SMOKE DEVELOPED: Class A
- FIRE RATING: Class A
- APPLICATION TEMPS: 50–190˚F (10–88˚C)
- OPERATION TEMPS: -40–200˚F (-4–93˚C)
- TOPCOATING: Please contact Mascoat.
- APPLICATION METHOD: Airless sprayer
WeatherBloc-IC thermal insulating coating contains high-quality ceramic and silica particles encased in a high-grade latex emulsion. The result? A spray-on thermal insulating coating that reduces radiative and conducted heat to produce dramatic temperature differentials. Each radiant barrier insulation product goes on like paint, and unlike reflective roof/sidewall coatings, it can be used underneath or on top of walls and roofs. When used on substrate exteriors, this ceramic roof coating resists weathering, reduces condensation and lasts for years without reapplication.
Manufactured from the best raw materials, WeatherBloc’s thermal insulating coating attacks heat penetration prior to substrate entry. This prevents unwanted thermal transfer before it leads to manufacturing inefficiency and energy waste.
Radiant Barrier Insulation
The WeatherBloc product line is an ideal replacement or supplement for conventional blanket insulation, and additional benefits include:
- Reduction or elimination of condensation under insulation (CUI)
- Superior moisture protection and heat dissipation
- Proprietary cross-linking structure (CLS) that strengthens coating over time
- Crack-free coating flexibility that responds to substrate contraction/expansion
- Application versatility ideal for wood, concrete, brick, metal and other substrates
- Able to encapsulate existing asbestos on older construction
- Cost-saving longevity
Weatherbloc-IC has been used in a variety of commercial applications, including:
- Electrical cabinets
- Mobile transportation
- Accommodation units
- Shipping containers
Tested in a variety of unforgiving environments, the Mascoat WeatherBloc product family exceeds ASTM standards for weatherability, adhesion, flexibility and UV resistance.