- CONTAINER SIZE:5 Gallons (18.92 Liters)
- COMPONENTS:One-part (inclusive)
- COAT THICKNESS:20 mils (0.5 mm) dry
- COVERAGE PER GALLON: 50–55 ft2 at 20 mills (1.4 m2 at 0.5 mm)
- WEIGHT:5.74 lbs per gallon (0.69 kg/liter)
- VOLUME SOLIDS: 78–80%
- COLOR: White
- SHEEN: Flat
- BASE: High-grade acrylic water-based
- CHLORIDES: Low to none
- VOC CONTENT: 0.06 lbs/gallon(7.6 grams/liter)
- ELONGATION:Above 30%
- PERMEABILITY: 4.98 Perms
- ACCELERATED AGING: Excellent (6,000+ hours)
- ABRASION RESISTANCE: Moderate to high
- THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY: 0.097 W/m/K 0.670 BTU-in/ft2-hr-°F
- THERMAL EMITTANCE: 0.85
- SOLAR REFLECTIVITY:0.86
- EMISSIVITY/ABSORBTANCE: 0.14
- UV REFLECTION: 99.9%
- FLAME SPREAD: 10
- SMOKE DEVELOPED: 20
- FIRE RATING: Class A Pending
- APPLICATION TEMPS: 60–300˚F (10–148˚C)
- SUSTAINED OPERATION TEMPS: 380˚F maximum (193˚C maximum)
- TOPCOATING: Please contact Mascoat.
- APPLICATION METHOD:Airless sprayer
Mascoat Industrial-HR (Highly Reflective) insulation coating is designed to not only thermally insulate substrates like it’s successful cousin Mascoat Industrial-DTI, but additionally contains highly reflective particles that help block and retard the sun’s UV rays. By blocking these rays, the coating efficiently reduces the amount of solar loading from the sun, which can raise internal temperatures.
Mascoat Industrial-HR is not a reflective rooftop coating. It is specially formulated to withstand the rigors of an industrial environment. This premium, multi-use product is a microscopic matrix of air-encapsulated ceramic particles, which are suspended in a high-grade acrylic binder with highly reflective ingredients to reflect UV rays. The coating’s high-tech formulation is designed to be spray-applied, improving equipment aesthetics while protecting substrates, safeguarding contents and preventing corrosion.
Benefits of Mascoat Industrial-HR:
- Saving total installation time when compared to conventional insulation methods
- Maintains integrity and performance with regular foot traffic
- No cutting, taping or special fabrication necessary
- Eliminates the potential for surface corrosion or Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI)
- The coating is a non-combustible, non-flammable, Class A fire rated product
- Water based, one-part coating and has no "pot life"
- Can be applied to working substrates up to 300˚F (193˚C)
- Lightweight - 5.74 pounds per gallon (0.69 kg/liter) and approximately 0.058 lbs/ft2 at 20 mil DFT (0.28 kg/m2 at 0.50 mm DFT)
- Can easily be touched up after minor structural repairs
Gasoline storage tanks, in particular, need to be insulated against radiant heat gain to maintain product levels and integrity. Unnecessary heating from the sun in one of these tanks leads to the liquid gas turning into a vapor. This vapor is highly explosive and must be vented into the atmosphere regularly to ensure the integrity of the tank and the product within. By using a product with the superior formulation of Mascoat Industrial-HR, companies will save money on lost product and reduce harmful emissions to the environment.
Contact Mascoat today for more information on Industrial-HR